Monday, August 12, 2013

Huckleberry 10k


I had decided that doing a half marathon two weeks before Portland to Coast (PTC) would be a really bad idea, so instead I signed up for the 10k.

It was a bit of a drive from Portland, as it started in Welches (on your way to Mt. Hood), but the race medal was calling my name! Laser cut bigfoot race bling, yes please!

The Huckleberry 10k  was described as "A quintessential Mt. Hood experience, the route is mostly a large loop on all-paved flat and rolling hills."

Sooo, maybe should have looked at the race course a little better to see what those rolling hills really were like...

Over all, I enjoyed this race! The course was a bit hilly, but it was a great work out and test run to see were I was at in regards to my speed walking pace for PTC. Originally I was going to run/walk, but decided to keep my knee happy and switched over to the walk only the day before.

The lovely Steph also came out and gave her speed walking at try on the course. Have to report, we did sweep our age division with a 1st and 2nd place!

 
Nice course on back roads, with lots of shade!

 

Loved keeping an eye out for the mile markers on this course!
 
 
We didn't get to enjoy the huckleberry muffins or doughnuts post race, as they were not vegan, but did get our fill of bread and fruit!
 
 
So much bread, that everyone go to take a whole loaf or bag of buns.
 
 
And, we ran in to bigfoot after we finished! The only downfall I could find was running out of water at the aid stations, but seeing it was the first year, that is an easy fix.
 
The race medals were awesome, and we got a cloth bag, coffee cup, reflective clip on and some coupons and chafe gel in our swag bags. I will be back again next year, and will see about getting our PTC team out there to do one more test walk before the event!


No comments:

Post a Comment